On March 9th 2013, the Signing Ceremony between the University of Bucharest and Confucius Institute Headquarters took place at Confucius Institute Headquarters in Beijing. Xu Lin, Director General of Hanban and Chief Executive of Confucius Institute Headquarters, Mircea Dumitru, Rector of the University of Bucharest and Huang Jin, President of China University of Political Science and Law attended the Signing Ceremony.
Confucius Institute at the University of Bucharest, the result of the partnership between University of Bucharest and China University of Political Science and Law, is a platform for cultural exchange, as well as a bridge for reinforcing friendship and cooperation between the two countries in the domains of culture and education.
The goals of the institute are:
- teaching Chinese language
- training Chinese language instructors
- organizing language and cultural exchange activities
- academic research
- coordinating and organizing the translation of literary and legal works from Romania and China
- international conference/workshop/forum
Visit the official website: http://confucius.unibuc.ro/
Last updated at: May 23, 2014.