Main fields of activity:
• Czech language (study of Czech, levels of competence, grammar, translations).
• Slavic linguistics, General Slavic studies, Slavic-Romanian relations.
• Linguistics: Slavic, Indo-European, Pre-Indo-european; the relations between Indo-European and other linguistic groups, mainly Uralic and Altaic.
• Southeast European onomastics.
• Linguistic thracology.
• Archaic civilisations in southeast Europe, Neolithic symbolism in southeast Europe.
• IT resources: alternative keyboard layouts for Romanian, Old Slavic (Old Cyrillic and Glagolitic), old Italic languages (Etruscan), dialectal texts and linguistic transcriptions. Books and notes on using Macintosh computers.
Studies and Works (volumes and published in periodicals)
Author of numerous volumes in the field of linguistics: Czech studies (Bohemistics), Slavic linguistics, Slavic-Romanian relations, substratum languages – mainly southeast European substratum.
Translator from Czech, English and French, occasionally from other languages.
Participated in numerous symposia and scientific meetings. Some works are also available in PDF format. Other works may be ordered from the publishers.